First Alert CO615 Dual-Power Carbon Monoxide Plug-In Alarm
whAT IS CARBON MONOXIDE?
Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless, tasteless, colorless, and deadly invisible gas. It is a product of the incomplete combustion of burning fossil fuels like coal, charcoal, oil, gasoline, kerosene, natural and propane gas. All of them produce carbon monoxide (CO). A fossil fuel-burning, malfunctioning—furnace, space heater, boiler, water heater, close dryer, fireplace, wood stove, grill, generator, motorcycle and automobile, has the potential of taking your life. Make sure that each appliance is properly maintained, and that flues, chimneys and vents associated with them are checked annually by a professional. Finally, make sure that you have carbon monoxide detectors placed and functioning according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Dual-Power Design for Continuous Monitoring
The carbon monoxide detector is designed to work with any standard outlet, and it features battery backup to allow continuous monitoring of carbon monoxide levels in the event of a power outage. Simply place two AA batteries in the battery compartment, and if the power goes out, the backup will activate, monitoring carbon monoxide levels even during storms. A low-battery indicator light and alarm will sound when the batteries need to be replaced or are removed.
Advanced Electrochemical Sensor
The First Alert Dual-Power Carbon Monoxide Plug-In Alarm uses an advanced electrochemical sensor to detect elevated CO levels. This sensor offers increased sensitivity to carbon monoxide even at low levels. In the event of a false alarm, the silence/test button can be used to turn off the CO detector.
Backlit Digital Display Is Easy to Read
The large backlit display on the carbon monoxide detector clearly shows the level of carbon monoxide in the room, as well as the power level of the backup batteries. The display is readable even in the dark and casts a calm blue light, making it ideal for use in a bedroom. The included 6-foot power cord makes it easy to mount the CO monitor on a wall or position it on a shelf or nightstand.
HAS VERY HIGH CUSTOMER REVIEWS
and so are these Important
FEATURES IN BRIEF
- Dual-power carbon monoxide alarm continuously monitors CO levels
- Plugs into any 120 Ac outlet and features backup with 2 AA batteries, ensuring continuous power protection
- An included 6-foot power cord makes optional placement easy on wall, shelf or nightstand
- Backlit display shows at-a-glance readings for backup battery power and CO levels
- Advanced Electrochemical Carbon Monoxide Sensor
- Single test/silence button for simple operation
- 7-Year Limited Warranty from the date of purchase—keep original sales receipt
- End-of-life timer signals when the CO detector needs to be replaced—do it
- Certifications: UL listed
- Comes with a Manual in both English and Spanish, for setup and maintenance—read it, and carefully follow all the directions.